Our happy family

Our happy family

Monday, May 5, 2014

Letter to my baby

Dear Uriah Blaine,
 Last night your daddy was able to feel you moving for the first time! I was overjoyed to share that experience with him because I love being able to feel you kicking and wiggling in there. I first felt you move around 15 weeks, and it was one of the best feelings. Since then I've felt you grow stronger and stronger. You are growing into such a strong baby, and I'm so privileged that I get to feel you grow like this. Every morning I wake up I can feel you wake up too. I feel so connected to you and I am trying to cherish every moment because I will only ever hold you this close for this one part of your life.
I am starting to feel like where ever I go I bring Uriah with me. My belly is growing and  even throughout the day I can feel you kicking me, reminding me that you are in there. It's completely distracting and I love it every time. People are starting to notice my belly growing and it makes me so so proud of you! Every week your dad asks me, "How big is he now?" And I tell him whatever random fruit/veggie you are the size of. This week you are the size of a bell pepper. Your dad is pretty impressed by that. Last week you were the size of an onion, you're my little salsa baby.
One of the best things about being pregnant with you is watching my husband turn into your father. We talk about you all the time. We wonder what you are going to look like. We talk about what we will do if you do NOT have a butt-chin (love that little chin anyways, but wonder how you escaped the odds.) We talk about what sports you will play, and I tell your daddy that you aren't allowed to do motocross because it is much too dangerous. Then your dad tells me that you will do whatever you want to do. He even told me if you want to be a ballerina he will practice your dances with you. I'm really hoping you go this route now because I really want to see your dad in a tu-tu. We discussed the possibility of you coming out with red hair like your Grandma Caron, Aunt Brandy, and Aunt Megan, but since there isn't a single red head on my side, it isn't likely.
Right now your dad REALLY wants another dog. Your dad is slightly crazy about dogs, and I love our puppy, but right now, I can't imagine any other new family members until I get to hold you in my arms. I think we should wait until you turn two and let you pick out your own puppy. I'm a nice mommy like that.
Your whole family is so excited for your arrival. I'm warning you now, you are going to have a LOT of attention. All of your aunts and grandmas, uncles and grandpas have been so supportive of your dad and me. Even all of Mommy's facebook friends are sending their kind words and bits of advise. By the way, you aren't getting a facebook until you are 40, end of story. I don't care how cute you are!
Right now we are trying to figure out what we want your room to look like. Honestly, you probably won't spend much time in there, but your daddy is convinced it needs to be Pinterest perfect. Your dad is really loving the lion theme because he says Uriah is a strong name, and lions are strong animals. Uriah is a very strong name. Sometimes I tell people your name and they look at me funny. It's funny to imagine such a big name on such a small baby, but you are my strong little baby, and we both love the name. It means "light from God." Trust me kid, you definitely are. We prayed and prayed and prayed for you. You were such an incredible gift to us from God, and God has taken care of everything when it comes to our family. I'm sure that God is going to do amazing things in your life and you will most certainly shine that light.
Little Guy, we have so much planned for you for this pregnancy. We are going to take you camping, and hiking, and swimming. We will have a party just for you! You get to celebrate our first wedding anniversary with us, and then my birthday. We are going to see your uncle graduate and celebrate some of your cousins birthdays. We are so excited to take you with us to all these things. Come October (maybe September, it's up to you) you will get to experience all of these things from this side of the world. You will learn and grow, and form your own opinion about things, and find what you love. I'm so excited to see you do that, but until then I will hold you as close as ever, right in my belly where I keep you safe and nourished. I love you to the moon and back Uriah Blaine.

Love forever,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment